Russia once more specializing in Pokrovsk sector, but ‘stalling,’ Syrskyi says

Russia again focusing on Pokrovsk sector, yet 'stalling,' Syrskyi says

Russia is concentrating its essential offensive efforts on the Pokrovsk sector in Donetsk Oblast however is "stalling" and failing to advance, Commander-in-Chief Oleksandr Syrskyi mentioned on March 31.

Pokrovsk, located about 70 kilometers northwest of Donetsk, stays one of the vital hotly contested areas of the entrance. Syrskyi beforehand claimed that 7,000 Russian troopers have been killed close to the city in January alone.

In February, the scenario close to Pokrovsk considerably stabilized, with the Ukrainian army saying that Russian troops have been "slowed down" close to the town.

The commander-in-chief mentioned Ukraine's essential duties are holding defensive strains and stabilizing threats, which have been partially achieved, significantly within the Pokrovsk path.

"On the similar time, our troops use lively protection ways wherever attainable. In some areas of the entrance line, they’re advancing, bettering the tactical scenario, restoring dozens of positions, and restraining important enemy forces," Syrskyi posted on Fb.

Russia again focusing on Pokrovsk sector, yet 'stalling,' Syrskyi says
The estimated Russian advance within the Pokrovsk sector in Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine, as of March 31, 2025, in line with DeepState map. A white image marks Pokrovsk. (DeepState / OpenStreetMaps)

President Volodymyr Zelensky beforehand warned of renewed Russian offensives throughout the entrance, together with in Kharkiv, Sumy, and Zaporizhzhia oblasts.

In March, Russia made main advances in its Kursk Oblast, a territory that Ukrainian forces took in August that Zelensky's administration had hoped to make use of as leverage in negotiations.

Capturing extra Ukrainian territory would doubtless encourage Russian President Vladimir Putin to hunt even harsher situations in a possible peace deal that the U.S. seeks to mediate.

‘A very bloody war’ — What is the death toll of Russia’s war in Ukraine?After holding a phone call with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, U.S. President Donald Trump claimed on Feb. 12 that “millions” of lives had been lost in Ukraine due to the “very bloody war.” It was not the first time Trump claimed that such numbers of people had beenRussia again focusing on Pokrovsk sector, yet 'stalling,' Syrskyi saysThe Kyiv IndependentElsa CourtRussia again focusing on Pokrovsk sector, yet 'stalling,' Syrskyi says

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *