Author: dmitriy.vasyura@gmail.com

  • Moldova’s Foreign Ministry condemns violation of the country’s airspace by two Russian drones

    Moldova’s Foreign Ministry condemns violation of the country’s airspace by two Russian drones

    Moldova's Foreign Ministry condemns violation of the country's airspace by two Russian drones

    Two Russian decoy drones crashed in Moldova, violating the country's airspace. The Moldovan Foreign Minister condemned Russia's aggressive invasions and its war against Ukraine.

    Today, two Russian drones used by the Russian army to attack Ukraine crashed in Moldova. Moldovan Foreign Minister Mihail Popshoi said that this jeopardized the lives of the country's citizens, UNN reports citing his statement on the X network.

    "Two Russian decoy drones used to mislead Ukrainian air defense crashed today in Moldova, endangering the lives of Moldovan citizens and violating our airspace," he wrote.

    Popschi added that Moldova strongly condemns these aggressive invasions and reiterates its condemnation of Russia's brutal war against Ukraine.

    Recall

    On November 10, two Russian drones were spotted in different areas of Moldova. One of them was reportedly identified as a "Shahed".

    We would like to add that on the night of November 9-10, Russia launched 145 UAVs at Ukraine, of which more than 60 were destroyed by the Ukrainian Air Force. Another 10 UAVs left the airspace of Ukraine and continued their movement to Moldova, Russia and Belarus.

  • Moldovan Foreign Minister says Russian drones endanger Moldovan citizens’ lives

    Moldovan Foreign Minister says Russian drones endanger Moldovan citizens’ lives

    Moldovan Foreign Minister Mihai Popșoi condemned the incursion of Moldova’s airspace by two Russian drones on 10 November, stating that they endangered the lives of Moldovan citizens.

    Source: Popșoi on X (Twitter), reported by European Pravda

    Details: The Moldovan Foreign Minister stated that "two Russian decoy drones — used to mislead Ukrainian air defences — crashed in Moldova today".

    He added that this "endangered Moldovan lives and violated Moldovan airspace".

    Quote: "We firmly condemn these aggressive incursions and reiterate our condemnation of Russia’s brutal war against Ukraine."

    Background:

    • On 10 November, two drones were found in Moldova, in the districts of Căușeni and Rîșcani. Ukraine's Air Force, in a morning briefing, reported that 10 drones "left Ukrainian airspace" towards Russia, Belarus and Moldova.
    • Moldovan authorities have previously reported discovering drone debris after Russian air attacks on Ukraine.

    Support UP or become our patron!

  • MFA reports details of bus accident in Egypt: Ukrainian woman injured

    MFA reports details of bus accident in Egypt: Ukrainian woman injured

    MFA reports details of bus accident in Egypt: Ukrainian woman injured

    A tourist bus overturned in the city of Ras Cedar in Egypt, injuring 41 people, including a Ukrainian woman. All the victims were taken to a local hospital.

    The Ministry of Foreign Affairs commented on an accident in Egypt, where a Ukrainian woman was among the victims; her condition is being clarified by consuls, UNN reports .

    "On November 9, a tourist bus was involved in an accident near the city of Ras Sedr in Egypt. 41 people were injured, including a Ukrainian citizen born in 1984. All the victims were taken to Ras Cedar City Hospital. Consuls are checking the condition of the injured Ukrainian woman. According to available data, no one died as a result of the accident," the Foreign Ministry commented.

    They said that the circumstances of the incident are being investigated, and the case is under the control of the Embassy of Ukraine in the Arab Republic of Egypt.

    Recall

    In the city of Ras Sidr in eastern Egypt , a bus carrying tourists overturned, injuring people.

  • UK Defense Chief: Russia lost 1,500 troops every single day in October

    UK Defense Chief: Russia lost 1,500 troops every single day in October

    UK Defense Chief: Russia lost 1,500 troops every single day in October

    The number of Russian troops injured and killed last month averaged 1,500 "every single day," U.K. Defence Staff Chief Admiral Anthony Radakin told the BBC on Nov. 10.
    This is higher than the previous figure presented by the U.K. Defense Minister John Healey, who told The Telegraph on Nov. 8 that Russia suffered 41,980 killed and wounded during October- a daily average of 1,354.
    While the Kremlin does not announce the number of dead and injured, Western officials claim October was the heaviest month yet for Russian forces.
    The daily figure reported by Kyiv was 1,660, the second highest of the war.
    The U.K. puts the total number of Russians killed or injured at just under 700,000, which is roughly in line with Kyiv’s estimate of 708,890 as of Nov. 10.
    According to some experts, the surge in losses in recent months may be one of the factors behind the deployment of North Korean troops to Russia.
    Russia is sacrificing high numbers of troops for “tiny increments of land,” Radakin told the BBC. However, he added that Russia is making “tactical, territorial gains,” and “putting pressure on Ukraine" amid a heavy offensive.
    Over autumn, large chunks of Ukrainian territory, sometimes including entire cities, have been lost on a near-daily basis in southern Donetsk Oblast, while Russian forces have also made operationally significant gains near Toretsk, Chasiv Yar, Kupiansk, as well as on their own soil in Kursk Oblast.
    Despite talks of Ukraine ceding territory to Russia following the election victory of Donald Trump, Radakin says that Kyiv’s Western allies would be unwavering in their support for “as long as it takes.”

    Mediazona confirms identities of over 77,000 Russian soldiers killed in UkraineSince Mediazona’s last update at the end of October, the names of 1,761 Russian soldiers have been added to the list of casualties.UK Defense Chief: Russia lost 1,500 troops every single day in OctoberThe Kyiv IndependentDmytro BasmatUK Defense Chief: Russia lost 1,500 troops every single day in October
  • General Staff: over a hundred combat engagements took place in the frontline since the beginning of the day

    General Staff: over a hundred combat engagements took place in the frontline since the beginning of the day

    General Staff: over a hundred combat engagements took place in the frontline since the beginning of the day

    The Kurakhove sector was the most intense with 39 attacks. The enemy is also active in the Pokrovske and Vremiyivka sectors, Ukrainian troops are holding the line.

    Since the beginning of the day, 108 combat engagements have taken place in the frontline. Our defenders are stopping the enemy, holding the line and destroying the Russians' plans. At the same time, the occupants continue to be active in the Kurakhove, Pokrovske and Vremiyivka sectors. This is stated in the evening report of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, according to UNN.

    Today, a number of localities in Sumy and Kharkiv regions, including Pavlivka, Grabovske, Rozhkovychi, Dmytrivka, Basivka and Tymofiyivka, suffered from the shelling of the terrorist army.

    In the Kharkiv sector, the occupants conducted two attacks in the areas of Starytsia and Vovchansk, and dropped an air bomb on the outskirts of Kharkiv.

    Russians launch a missile attack on an enterprise in Kharkiv region: there is an injuredNovember 5 2024, 09:23 AM • 19799 views

    In the Kupyansk sector, the enemy tried to advance to our positions in the vicinity of Kindrashivka and Zelenyi Hai twice during the day.

    In the Liman sector, the aggressor attacked three times in the areas of Terny, Torske and Serebryanka. One firefight is currently ongoing.

    In Kramatorsk sector, our defenders repelled one occupant's attack near Stupochky. One more firefight is ongoing in this area. The enemy launched four air strikes on Sloviansk.

    In the Toretsk sector, the enemy, supported by air, attacked our positions eight times in the areas of Toretsk and Shcherbynivka, and also launched an air strike near Kostyantynivka.

    Fighting continues in the Pokrovsk sector, with 15 clashes of varying intensity initiated there today. Attacks were repelled in the areas of Myroliubivka, Promin, Hryhorivka, Selydove and Petrivka. Currently, six battles are still ongoing in the areas of Promen, Krutyi Yar, Sukhyi Yar, Selydove and Hryhorivka. The enemy dropped bombs on Lysivka and Kotlyne.

    Occupants shoot six captured Ukrainian servicemen in Pokrovsk sector: investigation launchedNovember 5 2024, 05:18 PM • 37570 views

    The enemy is still active in the Kurakhove sector. The enemy tried to break through our defense 39 times today. Our soldiers repelled the enemy's attacks near Illinka, Vozdvyzhenka, Novoselydivka, Novodmitrivka, Sontsivka, Maksymilianivka, Dale and Katerynivka. During the day, 19 attacks were repelled, and 20 attacks by the occupants continue.

    In the Vremivsk sector, the aggressor attacked our defenders' positions 13 times in the areas of Trudove, Kostiantynopolske, Uspenivka and Makarivka.

    In the Orikhivsk sector, the occupants tried to break through our defenses once in the area of Mala Tokmachka, while at the same time they launched air strikes on Temyrivka, Novodarivka and Zelene Pole.

    The situation in the Prydniprovsky sector remained unchanged. The enemy conducted four unsuccessful assaults, and one battle is still ongoing. The enemy attacked Olgovka with twelve NARs.

    In other areas, there were no significant changes in the situation.

    "Ukrainian troops are controlling the situation and exhausting the enemy along the entire combat line and in the rear," the General Staff emphasized.

  • France announces transfer of about ten SCALP missiles to Ukraine

    French Minister of National Defence Sébastien Lecornu has said that Paris will continue to provide military support to Ukraine following the election of Donald Trump as US president.

    Source: Lecornu in an interview with Le Journal du Dimanche; European Pravda reports

    Details: Lecornu said that France should support Ukraine on a long-term basis, "because it will also allow the Ukrainian authorities to consider political decisions when they decide to do so".

    "Military support is very important, and even when the war is over, we must continue to strengthen the Ukrainian army," he added.

    Among other things, the French defence minister announced the extension of the training programme for Ukrainian soldiers. 2,000 soldiers are being trained under the guidance of French soldiers and on French equipment as part of the programme.

    "Secondly, we will continue our support. As winter sets in, Russia's deep strikes on Ukrainian territory are likely to intensify. We will again supply Mistral missiles (for anti-aircraft missile systems – ed.), in particular to protect combat areas.

    And in order to enable Ukraine to strike behind the line of contact, in the last few days, I have signed a decision on a new transfer of about ten SCALP missiles, as promised to Volodymyr Zelenskyy by the President of France," Lecornu added.

    SCALPs are long-range air-to-surface missiles, the transfer of which was first announced by France in early 2024.

    Moreover, French media unofficially reported last month that France would hand over the first batch of three Mirage 2000-5 fighter jets to Ukraine in early 2025.

    Support UP or become our patron!

  • Arrests in Cuba after protests over large-scale power outage

    Arrests in Cuba after protests over large-scale power outage

    Arrests in Cuba after protests over large-scale power outage

    The Cuban Attorney General's Office confirmed the arrests of protesters in three provinces over demonstrations against the power outage. The blackout was caused by Hurricane Rafael, which hit the island at 185 km/h.

    Several people were charged in the Cuban provinces of Havana, Mayabeque and Ciego de Avila.

    Transmits to the UNN with reference to DW.

    The Cuban Attorney General's Office (FGR) confirmed on Saturday that several people were charged in the provinces of Havana, Mayabeque (western Cuba) and Ciego de Avila (central Cuba) after protesting against the lack of electricity on the third day of a nationwide blackout following Hurricane Rafael.

    An investigation is currently underway on charges of assault, disturbing public order and damage to property.

    HelpHelp

    Hurricane Rafael made landfall in Cuba on Wednesday as a category three hurricane with winds of up to 185 kilometers per hour. According to the US Hurricane Center, Rafael swept over the island in two and a half hours and slowly lost strength on its way to the Gulf of Mexico. There were no human casualties, but significant material damage was caused, including to the power grid.

    Recall

    In Spain, thousands of people protested against the government's actions during the deadly floods.

    Hurricane Oscar kills six people in CubaOctober 22 2024, 02:39 AM • 17352 views

  • Arsenal: Mikel Arteta told ‘frustrated’ star ‘desires’ transfer as he’s desperate to ‘revive his career’

    Arsenal: Mikel Arteta told ‘frustrated’ star ‘desires’ transfer as he’s desperate to ‘revive his career’

    Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta

    Arsenal star Reiss Nelson has reportedly informed head coach Mikel Arteta that he’s ‘frustrated’ and wants to leave his boyhood club permanently in 2025.

    The 24-year-old progressed through the ranks at Arsenal and has failed to establish himself as a key player for his boyhood club under Arteta.

    Nelson had loan spells with Hoffenheim and Feyenoord before he returned to Arsenal ahead of the 2023/23 campaign.

    The England U21 international was a bit-part player for two years as he only made 26 Premier League appearances for the Gunners from the start of the 2022/23 campaign to the end of the 2023/24 season.

    Nelson was heavily linked with a summer exit as Arsenal looked to raise funds for signings and he was loaned to Fulham on deadline day. This transfer was sanctioned after Arteta landed Raheem Sterling.

    READ: Five unreasonable reasons for Arsenal to sack Mikel Arteta

    Seventh-placed Fulham have enjoyed a strong start to the 2024/25 campaign and have won two Premier League games in a row. Nelson started these two matches after being eased into the first team by head coach Marco Silva.

    However, a report from Football Transfers claims Nelson is ‘frustrated’ and he’s already ‘reached out’ to Arteta to inform him of his transfer ‘desire’.

    Nelson is said to be looking past Fulham as he’s ‘keen on return’ to the Bundesliga and could reunite with one of his former Arsenal teammates. The report explains.

    ‘There is no option or obligation for the Cottagers to make the move permanent, so he will return to north London at the end of the season.

    ‘According to sources, Nelson has reached out to Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta, expressing his desire for a permanent transfer to a club where he can truly establish himself following his loan at Fulham.’

    MORE ARSENAL COVERAGE ON F365…
    👉 Guardiola 2nd), Arteta 4th): England’s longest-serving managers ranked on exit chances
    👉 Chelsea, Arsenal combined XI features no Blues captain James; Jackson over Martinelli, Trossard
    👉 Arsenal target two former players in sporting director search as ‘discussions initiated’

    ‘We hear that Germany, in particular, tops the winger’s list of potential destinations, as he makes a concerted effort to get his career back on track.

    ‘Representatives of Nelson have already made contact with several Bundesliga clubs, we can reveal. Two sides known to have been approached by the player’s camp are Bayer Leverkusen, the team of former Arsenal star Granit Xhaka, and Union Berlin.

    ‘For Nelson, the urgency to revive his career is greater than ever. Sources close to the player suggest that he sees the Bundesliga as the ideal place to do so, and his past experience in Germany has only reinforced that belief.’

  • Ukrainian figure skaters win three medals at international tournament in Bulgaria

    Ukrainian figure skaters win three medals at international tournament in Bulgaria

    Ukrainian figure skaters win three medals at international tournament in Bulgaria

    At the international competition in Sofia, Ukrainians won two silver medals in junior categories and a bronze in adult ice dancing. Overall, the athletes scored between 135 and 185 points in different disciplines.

    A silver medal in the men's singles category was reported, as well as a silver in the junior competition and a bronze medal in the adult ice dance competition.

    Transmitted by UNN with reference to the press service of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine.

    Ukrainian figure skaters have won three medals at the Denkova-Staviski Cup international tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria.

    The relevant ministry reports who won medals in which categories at the annual international figure skating competition:

    • “Silver: Yegor Kurtzev (men's singles, juniors, 185.47 points in the final score).
    • “Silver: Tatyana Belodonova and Ivan Kachur (juniors, ice dancing, 135.24 points in total).
    • “Bronze medal: Zoe Larson and Andrei Kapran (adults, ice dancing, 171.92 points in total).

    Recall

    Ukrainian athlete set a record time at the prestigious Ironman in Florida.

    Ukrainian figure skaters win the Budapest Trophy international tournamentOctober 13 2024, 12:31 PM • 18218 views

  • The United States imposes a ban on the supply of Taiwanese AI microchips to China

    The United States imposes a ban on the supply of Taiwanese AI microchips to China

    The United States imposes a ban on the supply of Taiwanese AI microchips to China

    The United States has officially banned Taiwanese company TSMC from exporting microchips for artificial intelligence to China. The ban applies to chips produced by a more advanced process and related to AI devices.

    The US has officially ordered Taiwanese company TSMC not to supply artificial intelligence microchips to China

    UNN writes with reference to Reuters.

    The United States has banned a Taiwanese manufacturer from exporting microchips for artificial intelligence (AI) applications to China.

    According to Reuters, the White House's order to the Taiwanese company, one of the largest contract manufacturers of semiconductors, will take effect this Monday.

    Taiwan to pay $1000 for information on Chinese warshipsNovember 8 2024, 04:24 AM • 19203 views

    The measure introduced by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce concerns chips produced using a more advanced process, as well as others related to the production of graphics processors and artificial intelligence devices.

    OpenAI challenges Google: ChatGPT will now also be able to search the webNovember 1 2024, 11:08 AM • 13349 views