Category: War in Ukraine

Last news • War in Ukraine

  • Second explosion in Odesa amid warning of missile threat

    Second explosion in Odesa amid warning of missile threat

    Second explosion in Odesa amid warning of missile threat

    A second explosion was recorded in Odesa, as reported by the mayor Hennadiy Trukhanov. The Ukrainian Air Force reported a missile fired in the direction of Odesa and air defense activity against a reconnaissance UAV.

    A second explosion was heard in Odesa, Mayor Hennadiy Trukhanov said on Telegram on Monday, UNN reports.

    Details

    "We heard an explosion in the city!" Trukhanov said.

    "Missile in the direction of Odesa!" – the Ukrainian Air Force reported in Telegram.

    Odesa and a number of other regions are on air alert.

    Previously

    Earlier, an explosion was also heard in Odesa. Prior to that, the mayor of Odesa reported an "enemy reconnaissance drone in our direction". The Ukrainian Armed Forces reported air defense operations against a reconnaissance UAV in Odesa region.

  • Enemy shells Kherson region: three wounded and dozens of houses damaged

    Enemy shells Kherson region: three wounded and dozens of houses damaged

    Enemy shells Kherson region: three wounded and dozens of houses damaged

    The invaders struck 14 settlements in the Kherson region, including Kherson. The attacks damaged 25 buildings and a gas pipeline, and injured three people.

    Terrorists shelled Kherson region once again, injuring 3 people. This was reported by the head of the Kherson RMA Oleksandr Prokudin, UNN reports.

    Details

    Several localities in the Kherson region, including Antonivka, Prydniprovske, Sadove, Komyshany, Mykilske, Inzhenerne, Zelenivka, Stanislav, Pryozerne, Veletynske, Tomyna Balka, Beryslav, Mykolaivka and the city of Kherson, came under intense shelling and air strikes over the past day.

    According to local reports, enemy forces hit residential areas, damaging three multi-storey buildings, 22 private houses and a gas pipeline. The shelling caused serious damage to infrastructure and buildings.

    As a result of the aggression, three people were injured and hospitalized. In addition, due to the damage to the gas pipeline, some areas were left without gas supply.

    In the occupied Kherson region, “educational lessons” are being organized in schools to intimidate children with a pro-Ukrainian position – ResistanceNov 23 2024, 01:15 PM • 31631 view

  • Terrorist country made 73 attacks in Sumy region

    Terrorist country made 73 attacks in Sumy region

    Terrorist country made 73 attacks in Sumy region

    Occupants shelled the border areas of Sumy region, 190 explosions were recorded. The attacks were carried out with the use of tanks, artillery, mortars, FPV drones and Shaheds, and several buildings were damaged.

    During the day, enemy troops fired 73 times at the border areas and settlements of Sumy region. This was reported by the Sumy Regional Military Administration, according to UNN.

    Details

    190 explosions were recorded, and many communities, including Khotyn, Yunakivka, Bilopil and others, were affected by shelling.

    In the Khotyn community, Russians used tanks, artillery and FPV drones, firing 23 shells and two attacks with anti-aircraft guns. A rocket attack was recorded in Korovynske community, damaging two houses.

    The enemy fired artillery, mortars, FPV drones and Lancet drones at the Krasnopilska community. Several attacks with mortars, artillery and UAVs took place in Bilopil and Myropil districts. In the Velykopysarivska community, a rocket attack destroyed a private house and started a fire.

    Sveska, Seredina-Budska, Yunakivska, Esmanska and Shalyhinska communities also came under fire. A drone strike was recorded in Buryn community, which damaged three houses. Local services provided operational data, and the situation remained tense throughout the day.

    Russians fired 16 times at the border areas of Sumy region – RMANov 23 2024, 08:13 PM • 37164 views

  • Ukraine developing guided aerial bombs domestically, Chief of Ukrainian Armed Forces General Staff says

    Ukraine developing guided aerial bombs domestically, Chief of Ukrainian Armed Forces General Staff says

    Ukraine developing guided aerial bombs domestically, Chief of Ukrainian Armed Forces General Staff says

    Ukraine is actively working on developing its own guided aerial bombs, Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Anatolii Barhylevych reported on Nov. 24.

    "We are actively working on it. I think we will achieve such success," he said during a telethon on the air of Yedyni Novyny.

    Barhylevych pointed out that Russia holds the largest stockpile of aerial bombs inherited from the Soviet Union.

    Guided aerial bombs are precision-guided munitions that have a shorter range than missiles but are far cheaper to produce.

    When launched from aircraft within Russian territory or Russian-occupied territories, they are beyond the reach of Ukrainian air defense.

    Defense Minister Rustem Umerov said on Oct. 21 that Ukraine has invested more than $4 billion in its defense production and urged international partners to invest further, recalling the recent successes of Ukrainian specialists in drone manufacturing.

    Air defense systems can counter Russia’s Oreshnik missile, Zelensky says“The world has air defense systems capable of countering such threats,” Zelensky said, referring to Russia’s new Oreshnik ballistic missile. Experts are currently analyzing the wreckage of the weapon, he said.Ukraine developing guided aerial bombs domestically, Chief of Ukrainian Armed Forces General Staff saysThe Kyiv IndependentAbbey FenbertUkraine developing guided aerial bombs domestically, Chief of Ukrainian Armed Forces General Staff says
  • In the capital, a fire broke out in a residential building as a result of a UAV attack, and debris fell on the private sector

    In the capital, a fire broke out in a residential building as a result of a UAV attack, and debris fell on the private sector

    In the capital, a fire broke out in a residential building as a result of a UAV attack, and debris fell on the private sector

    In the Dniprovsky district of Kyiv, a balcony on the 9th floor of a residential building caught fire due to an enemy attack. In Darnytsia district, debris fell on a private building without causing a fire or injuries.

    In the capital, due to an enemy attack, a fire broke out in a residential building in one district, and in another, debris fell on private buildings. This was reported by the head of the Kyiv City Military Administration Serhiy Popko, UNN report.

    Details

    As a result, the windows of a balcony on the ninth floor of a nine-story residential building caught fire in the Dniprovsky district of Kyiv. Information about possible victims is currently being clarified.

    Debris was also recorded falling on private buildings in the Darnytskyi district. According to preliminary reports, there was no fire and no injuries.

    Operational information continues to be updated.

    Recall

    Earlier it was reported that air defense was operating in the capital.

    Air defense is operating in KyivNov 24 2024, 08:58 PM • 10889 views

  • Zaluzhnyi: Use of technological advancements will prevent ‘serious’ front line breakthrough until 2027

    Zaluzhnyi: Use of technological advancements will prevent ‘serious’ front line breakthrough until 2027

    Zaluzhnyi: Use of technological advancements will prevent 'serious' front line breakthrough until 2027

    Newfound technological advancements during wartime will prevent serious front line breakthroughs along the Ukraine-Russia border until around 2027, Valerii Zaluzhnyi, Ukraine's former commander-in-chief and current ambassador to the U.K., told Ukrainska Pravda in an interview published on Nov. 23.

    "When robots began to appear massively on the battlefield, they made any movement of soldiers impossible. The inability to fight robots led to a standstill. We couldn’t move forward towards the Russians, and the Russians, accordingly, couldn’t move forward either," Zaluzhnyi said.

    Zaluzhnyi added that this was a temporary period of adaptation and, based on his predictions, by around 2027, the use of such technology could become so commonplace that the potential to achieve serious breakthroughs on the front line would resume.

    Russia has intensified its attacks along the eastern front in recent weeks, putting Ukrainian forces under mounting pressure as they struggle to defend key positions.

    Russia also continues to increase its attacks against civilian targets, amid an expected harsh winter plagued by energy shortages.

    On Nov. 21, in a show of force, Russia launched a new type of intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) against Dnipro. The attack comes as news that Russia has began producing thermobaric drones to target Ukraine, which are capable of causing "simply terrifying" hard to civilian populations, including collapsed lungs, crushed eyeballs, and brain damage, according to a source familiar with Russian drone production.

    Despite the onslaught of attacks and use of new weaponry, Russian troops have sustained record casualties since the start of the full-scale war and have yet to fully breach Ukrainian defenses to seize the entirety of Donetsk Oblast and continue their assault. According to estimates by Ukraine's General Staff, Russia suffered a staggering 1,420 casualties on Nov. 22.

    Despite Russia tapping about 11,000 North Korean soldiers to support its attempt to regain territory in Kursk Oblast, questions surrounding their effectiveness remains amid significant language barriers as well as a lack of active combat experience.

    According to Zaluzhnyi, Russia is not able to expand the front line, as it would require huge resources "which the Russians no longer have."

    ‘Don’t overreact’ — Oreshnik missile isn’t as new as Russia claims, experts sayRussian President Vladimir Putin on Nov. 21 announced his country had launched a new type of missile in an attack on Ukraine, a demonstration of military might meant to deter Kyiv’s allies from further support against his full-scale invasion. “There are currently no ways of countering this weapon.…Zaluzhnyi: Use of technological advancements will prevent 'serious' front line breakthrough until 2027The Kyiv IndependentChris YorkZaluzhnyi: Use of technological advancements will prevent 'serious' front line breakthrough until 2027
  • A 16-year-old girl was injured in an enemy attack in Zaporizhzhia

    A 16-year-old girl was injured in an enemy attack in Zaporizhzhia

    A 16-year-old girl was injured in an enemy attack in Zaporizhzhia

    A 16-year-old girl was wounded in a Russian attack in Zaporizhzhia and is receiving medical treatment. Massive drone attacks were also reported, damaging an infrastructure facility.

    In Zaporizhzhia, a 16-year-old child was wounded in an enemy attack. This was reported by the head of the Zaporizhzhya RMA Ivan Fedorov, UNN reports.

    As a result of the Russian attack in Zaporizhzhia, one child has been wounded. It is a girl of 16 years old. Doctors are providing all necessary assistance

    – said the head of the RMA.

    Recall

    It has already been reported that massive drone attacks in Zaporizhzhia damaged an infrastructure facility.

    Shahedi attack on Zaporizhzhia: aggressor hit an infrastructure facility – RMANov 24 2024, 10:19 PM • 4545 views

  • Russia preparing to break through to southern Donetsk Oblast, military says

    Russia preparing to break through to southern Donetsk Oblast, military says

    Russia preparing to break through to southern Donetsk Oblast, military says

    Russian forces are preparing to break through to the southern part of Donetsk Oblast, Vladyslav Voloshyn, the spokesperson for the Ukrainian military's Southern Command, said on Nov. 24.

    Kyiv has been warning of a potential Russian offensive in the south, as Moscow's troops continue advancing in Ukraine's eastern regions.

    "The enemy is trying to break through to the south of Donetsk region, where Donetsk and Dnipropetrovsk oblasts meet," Voloshyn told Apostrophe TV.

    Voloshyn said the push would likely concentrate around Velyka Novosilka, one of the largest settlements in the area. Russian troops are also gearing up for assault operations in the direction of Orikhiv and Huliaipole in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.

    "There is a high probability that the enemy will also launch assault operations, trying to break into our defense," he said.

    Russian forces are creating assault groups, transferring ammunition, and conducting aerial reconnaissance with drones, Voloshyn said, citing Ukrainian intelligence. These actions signal preparations for an upcoming offensive.

    "In addition, the enemy is actively trying to hit the previously scouted areas in these areas… and is finding out where our firepower is located, trying to suppress and destroy it to make it easier for them to conduct assault operations," he said.

    Ukrainian forces have been preparing for a Russian push in the south. Voloshyn on Nov. 12 said that Russia could launch a renewed assault on Zaporizhzhia Oblast "any day." Ukraine is busy building heavy fortifications near Zaporizhzhia, the military told the Economist on Nov. 24.

    Earlier in October, Voloshyn said that Russian forces were massing for a breakthrough in the direction of Orikhiv and Mala Tokmachka in Zaporizhzhia Oblast. The area was the main axis of Ukraine's southern counteroffensive in 2023, which led to the liberation of the settlement of Robotyne but achieved no major results.

    Russia is currently gaining territory in eastern Ukraine at a rapid rate, seizing towns in Donetsk Oblast at the cost of heavy personnel losses.

    Commander-in-Chief Oleksandr Syrskyi said on Nov. 2. that Ukraine is now facing "one of the most powerful" Russian offensives since the start of the all-out war.

    Ukraine war latest: Ukraine has lost over 40% of territory previously gained in Kursk incursion, Reuters reportsKey developments on Nov. 23-24: * Ukraine has lost over 40% of territory previously gained in Kursk incursion, Reuters reports * West should ‘not set red lines’ on providing military support for Ukraine, French foreign minister says * Russia attacked Ukraine with over 800 KAB bombs, 460 drones,…Russia preparing to break through to southern Donetsk Oblast, military saysThe Kyiv IndependentThe Kyiv Independent news deskRussia preparing to break through to southern Donetsk Oblast, military says
  • General Staff: 198 combat engagements took place in the frontline, the most intense in the Kurakhove sector

    General Staff: 198 combat engagements took place in the frontline, the most intense in the Kurakhove sector

    General Staff: 198 combat engagements took place in the frontline, the most intense in the Kurakhove sector

    There were 198 combat engagements in the frontline over the last day. The enemy made the most attacks in the Kurakhove sector – 57 attempts to break through near 9 localities.

    There were 198 combat engagements in the frontline. The occupants are attacking most of all in the Kurakhove direction . This is reported by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, UNN reports.

    Details

    In the Kharkiv sector, the enemy fired 6 times in the areas of Kozacha Lopan, Tykhyi and Vovchansk.

    In the Kupyansk sector, the enemy conducted 14 attacks near Novomlynsk, Kolisnykivka, Kruhlyakivka, Senkove and Lozova.

    In the Liman sector, the militants fired 20 times near Druzhelyubivka, Hrekivka, Novoyehorivka, Terny, Yampolivka, Torske and Serebryanka.

    In the Kramatorsk sector, terrorists tried to advance near Chasovyi Yar and Stupochky.

    In the Toretsk sector, enemy forces conducted 9 attacks near Diliyivka, Toretsk and Shcherbynivka.

    In the Pokrovsky sector, the enemy attacked 41 times in the areas of Myrolyubivka, Promin, Lysivka, Hryhorivka, Dachanske, Pustynka and Chumatske.

    In the Kurakhove sector, the aggressor made 57 attempts near Berestky, Sontsivka, Novodmytrivka, Zorya, Kurakhove, Dale, Romanivka, Yelizavetivka and Hanivka.

    In the Vremivsk sector, the enemy attacked 14 times near Trudove, Novosilka and Makarivka.

    In the Prydniprovsky sector, the invaders launched 4 unsuccessful attacks.

    227 combat engagements took place in the frontline: enemy uses bomber and attack aircraft – General StaffNov 24 2024, 06:41 AM • 19308 views

  • General Staff: Russia has lost 730,740 troops in Ukraine since Feb. 24, 2022

    General Staff: Russia has lost 730,740 troops in Ukraine since Feb. 24, 2022

    General Staff: Russia has lost 730,740 troops in Ukraine since Feb. 24, 2022

    Russia has lost 730,740 troops in Ukraine since the beginning of its full-scale invasion on Feb. 24, 2022, the General Staff of Ukraine's Armed Forces reported on Nov. 24.

    This number includes 1,020 casualties Russian forces suffered just over the past day.

    According to the report, Russia has also lost 9,423 tanks, 19,209 armored fighting vehicles, 29,864 vehicles and fuel tanks, 20,765 artillery systems, 1,254 multiple launch rocket systems, 1,004 air defense systems, 369 airplanes, 329 helicopters, 19,366 drones, 28 ships and boats, and one submarine.

    Investigation: Who helped Russians increase production of domestic attack drones despite sanctionsAn American-made HIMARS artillery system races down a Ukrainian road as a kamikaze drone hunts it down. The drone flies into the vehicle, followed by an explosion. The scene was caught on video by a Russian reconnaissance drone in mid-November. The drone that hit the HIMARS was a Lancet — oneGeneral Staff: Russia has lost 730,740 troops in Ukraine since Feb. 24, 2022The Kyiv IndependentAlisa YurchenkoGeneral Staff: Russia has lost 730,740 troops in Ukraine since Feb. 24, 2022