Temporary emergency power outages have been introduced in most regions of Ukraine. Consumption is in line with seasonal levels, but there is still a shortage of capacity during peak hours.
The emergency power outages introduced in the morning in most regions have been temporarily introduced, consumption is in line with seasonal indicators, and there is still a need for economical consumption in the morning and evening hours, NPC Ukrenergo reported on Monday, UNN reports.
Emergency shutdowns
"The emergency shutdowns applied in the morning in most regions were temporary and will be canceled in the near future," the statement said.
Consumption
"Consumption is in line with seasonal indicators. Today, November 11, as of 6:30 a.m., its level was the same as on the previous business day – Friday, November 8," the company said.
It is noted that "during the hours of maximum consumption in the morning and evening, the power system remains under capacity." "Please do not turn on several powerful electrical appliances at the same time from 7:00 to 11:00 in the morning and from 16:00 to 21:00 in the evening," Ukrenergo urged.
Import
It will be supplied throughout the day from Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary, and Moldova. The total volume is 1,876 MWh, with a maximum capacity of up to 300 MW in some hours.
Russian losses in Ukraine reached a record daily high of 1,770, according to figures released by Kyiv on Nov. 11.
The total surpasses the previous record of 1,740 on May 13.
According to the General Staff of Ukraine's Armed Forces, Russia's total casualties now stand at 710,660.
The figures do not specify killed or wounded, though the overall consensus is that it includes dead, wounded, missing, and captured. They are broadly in line with estimates from Western nations.
While the Kremlin does not announce the number of dead and injured, Western officials have claimed October was the heaviest month yet for Russian forces.
The number of Russian troops injured and killed last month averaged 1,500 "every single day," U.K. Defence Staff Chief Admiral Anthony Radakin told the BBC on Nov. 10.
This is higher than the previous figure presented by the U.K. Defense Minister John Healey, who told The Telegraph on Nov. 8 that Russia suffered 41,980 killed and wounded during October- a daily average of 1,354.
According to some experts, the surge in losses in recent months may be one of the factors behind the deployment of North Korean troops to Russia.
Russia is sacrificing high numbers of troops for “tiny increments of land,” Radakin told the BBC. However, he added that Russia is making “tactical, territorial gains,” and “putting pressure on Ukraine" amid a heavy offensive.
While Russian forces are suffering record losses, they're also making increasingly swift gains in the east of Ukraine.
According to a Bloomberg analysis published on Nov. 1, Ukraine has lost 1,146 square kilometers of its own territory since the launch of the Kursk Oblast incursion in early August, with the week up until Nov. 1 reported as the worst in terms of lost territory in all of 2024.
On Nov. 2, Commander-in-Chief Oleksandr Syrskyi said that Ukraine was facing “one of the most powerful” Russian offensives since the start of the all out war.
Over autumn, large chunks of Ukrainian territory, sometimes including entire cities, have been lost on a near-daily basis in southern Donetsk Oblast, while Russian forces have also made operationally significant gains near Toretsk, Chasiv Yar, Kupiansk, as well as on their own soil in Kursk Oblast.
Russian troops carried out three air strikes in Zaporizhzhia, killing one person and injuring 21 others, including 5 children. The occupiers carried out 356 attacks on the region during the day.
The number of injured in the attack by Russian troops on Zaporizhzhia has risen to 21, including 5 children, and one person was killed, the head of Zaporizhzhia RMA Ivan Fedorov reported on Monday in social media and the Main Department of the National Police in Zaporizhzhia region, showing the aftermath, UNN reports.
Details
According to the police, the occupiers struck Zaporizhzhia three times with KABs. "At 01:33, Russian troops struck three times with FAB-500 bombs from the UMPC at residential areas of the regional center," the agency said.
Russian troops carry out three air strikes on Zaporizhzhia regional center: one killed, children among the woundedNovember 11 2024, 03:36 AM • 17092 views
According to police, a direct hit partially destroyed a two-story residential building. 2 adults and 2 children (a boy – 4 years old, a girl – 15 years old) were injured.
Another explosion, according to the police, occurred in an open area near a five-story dormitory, which was damaged by a blast wave and debris. The explosion injured 17 people, including 3 minor children (a 17-year-old girl and 2 boys aged 16 and 17).
"The third strike hit the area next to the car dealership. A man died here," the police said.
"One person was killed and 21 others were wounded as a result of Russian attacks in Zaporizhzhia," RMA head Fedorov wrote.
According to him, during the day, the occupants struck 356 times at 10 localities in Zaporizhzhia region. In particular, Russian troops carried out 18 air strikes on Zaporizhzhia, Temyrivka, Novodarivka and Mala Tokmachka. Also, 208 UAVs attacked the region, 130 times with artillery. There were 44 reports of destruction of residential buildings and infrastructure.
Editor's Note: This is a developing story and is being updated.
Russia attacked the city of Zaporizhzhia shortly after 1 a.m. on Nov. 11, killing and injuring civilians, including children.
One man was killed in the attack, regional Governor Ivan Fedorov reported. At least 20 more people were wounded, including five children. The injured victims include boys aged 4, 16, and 17 and girls aged 15 and 17.
Eight people were hospitalized, including the 4-year-old boy, Fedorov said.
Russia carried out three strikes against the city on Nov. 11, Ukraine's State Emergency Service reported. The attack partially destroyed a two-story residential building. A dormitory and a car dealership were also damaged.
Residents are being evacuated from the dormitory, authorities said.
Rescue operations are ongoing at the site and the number of victims is still being established.
Zaporizhzhia, the regional center of the partially occupied Zaporizhzhia Oblast, is a common target of Russian attacks. In the past week alone, the city has suffered multiple strikes against densely populated neighborhoods.
An attack on Nov. 7 killed 10 people, including a 1-year-old child, and injured 41 others. Two days before, a Nov. 5 strike killed six and injured 23.
Some 710,000 residents lived in Zaporizhzhia before the outbreak of the full-scale invasion in 2022.
On the morning of November 11, the occupiers took off 8 Tu-95MS aircraft heading for the Caspian Sea. The Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine urges not to ignore air raid warnings.
On the morning of November 11, Russian troops took 8 Tu-95 aircraft into the sky. They are flying in the direction of the Caspian Sea. This was reported by the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, UNN reports.
Eight Tu-95MS aircraft were spotted in the air, heading in the direction of the Caspian Sea launching borders,
– the statement said.
It is noted that the situation will be reported additionally. The Air Force also urged Ukrainians not to ignore the air raid alert.
Occupants attacked Mykolaiv with drones: there are hits to residential buildingsNovember 11 2024, 01:25 AM • 7906 views
Russia will be able to produce 30% more artillery shells than all EU member states combined next year, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha said at a press conference in Kyiv on Nov. 9.
"According to Ukrainian intelligence, using the information we have, if there is no proper response or prevention, Russia will be able to produce 30% more artillery shells than all countries of the European Union combined," he said in comments reported by Ukrinform.
Sybiha called for international action to constrain Russia's industrial capacity.
"First of all, here I am referring to the shadow fleet, which helps Russia circumvent sanctions and continue to trade energy resources, oil. It is very important that the further strengthening of the EU's sanctions policy of our allies focus on this aspect," he said.
An ammunition shortage has long been a cause for concern in Ukraine but has escalated this year. The EU failed to deliver on its promise to produce 1 million artillery shells between March 2023 and 2024 while disputes in Washington led to a severe delay in a $61 billion aid package.
Several countries have backed a Czech-led initiative to procure 800,000 shells for Ukraine proposed in February this year. In March, the EU allocated 500 million euros ($544 million) to bolster the EU's ammunition production capacity to 2 million shells per year by the end of 2025.
Ukraine has long tried to ramp up its own domestic ammunition production to become more independent from Western partners.
In the summer of 2023, Ukroboronprom said that it had already mastered the production of 82 mm mortar mines, 122 mm, and 152 mm artillery rounds, as well as 125 mm tank shells.
Earlier media reports cited Ukrainian officials hoping to begin producing "desperately needed" NATO-standard 155 mm artillery rounds in the 'second half' of 2024 at the earliest.
Despite domestic efforts, the Ukrainian army still mainly depends on supplying 155 mm shells from partners, as European countries join forces to buy the rounds outside Europe.
The U.S. also opened a new factory last May to produce 155 mm munitions for Ukraine and significantly increased production in some existing factories.
Russian occupants launched a drone attack on Mykolaiv, damaging residential buildings. Relevant services are working at the scene, there are fires in the buildings.
As a result of a hostile attack by Russia in Mykolaiv, fires broke out in houses and there is damage to residential buildings. This was reported by the head of the Mykolaiv RMA Vitaliy Kim and the mayor of the city Oleksandr Senkevych, UNN reports.
Details
Vitaly Kim said that there are fires in residential buildings in the city. He added that all relevant services are on the ground.
In turn, Mayor Sienkiewicz noted that the Russians had once again attacked Mykolaiv with drones: "There is damage to residential buildings.
Russian attack leads to blackouts in Mykolaiv regionNovember 6 2024, 07:44 AM • 24326 views
President-elect Donald Trump spoke directly with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Nov. 7, marking their first phone conversation since Trump’s election victory, sources familiar with the matter told the Washington Post.
During the call from Trump’s Florida resort, he advised Putin not to escalate the situation in Ukraine and highlighted Washington’s significant military presence in Europe, said one source familiar with the discussion. The sources requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive topic.
Trump and Putin discussed the importance of peace in Europe, with Trump expressing interest in continuing conversations aimed at "the resolution of Ukraine’s war soon," according to several sources.
Throughout his campaign, Trump pledged to bring an immediate end to the war in Ukraine but did not elaborate on specific plans. Privately, Trump has indicated support for a potential deal allowing Russia to retain some occupied territory. During the call, he briefly touched on the issue of land, sources said.
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban claimed during a Nov. 8 interview, "Americans will quit" the Ukraine war under Trump.
This previously unreported call took place amid widespread uncertainty about Trump’s approach to realigning U.S. relationships with global allies and adversaries after his election victory on Nov. 5.
On Nov. 7, Trump told NBC he had spoken with about 70 world leaders since winning the election, including President Volodymyr Zelensky, with Elon Musk joining that call.
The Washington Post said that Ukraine’s government was informed of the conversation with Putin and did not object to it, according to two sources familiar with the situation. However, Heorhii Tykhyi, Ukraine's foreign ministry spokesperson told Reuters on Nov. 10 that "reports that the Ukrainian side was informed in advance of the alleged call are false. Subsequently, Ukraine could not have endorsed or opposed the call."
Trump’s initial outreach to world leaders has taken place without support from the State Department or U.S. government interpreters. The Trump transition team has not signed an agreement with the General Services Administration, a standard step in presidential transitions.
Ukraine's foreign ministry dismissed reports that Kyiv had prior knowledge of a phone call between U.S. President-elect Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The Washington Post, citing sources familiar with the situation, reported on Nov. 10 that Trump and Putin spoke by phone on Thursday, discussing the war in Ukraine, and Kyiv was reportedly informed and did not object to the call.
"Reports that the Ukrainian side was informed in advance of the alleged call are false. Subsequently, Ukraine could not have endorsed or opposed the call," foreign ministry spokesperson Heorhii Tykhyi told Reuters.
Sources familiar with the matter told the Washington Post that Ukrainian officials "have long understood that Trump would engage with Putin on a diplomatic solution for Ukraine."
Throughout his campaign, Trump pledged to bring an immediate end to the war in Ukraine but did not elaborate on specific plans. Privately, Trump has indicated support for a potential deal allowing Russia to retain some occupied territory. During the call, he briefly touched on the issue of land, sources said.